Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sister Ellyn Adams' letter from 4-29-13

Hi Mom,
Tell everyone I'm sorry I don't have time to personally email everyone this week,  but we have Zone Unity Day today and I have to go play capture the flag.  We also have to leave early from the library because one of our investigators just found out she has cancer, so we're going with the Elders to give her a blessing. She has a son whos in his 40's and he lives with her.  She wants to be baptized, but can't commit to a date. She says that she can't focus on anything other than her cancer right now, which is understandable. But we know that this is a trial that she can get through. We told her that being baptized will be  a blessing in her life and the presence of the Holy Ghost will give her strength.    
I really miss everyone, but the cure to my homesickness really is WORK. I have been working so hard. I don't think that I am ever going to feel well-rested on  my mission, but I'm getting used to being tired.  It makes it easier to fall asleep.  Another thing that has been a miracle in my life is not having anxiety when I'm going to bed. Understanding the Atonement a little better, I ask Heavenly father to take away my anxiety and let my heart rest.  I have only had ONE night where it was hard to go to bed since!!! I AM SO BUSY! But its great. I have been tracting a lot and doing stop-bys.  I've met a lot of new people this week.   Theres 3 investigators that we're teaching right now, so everyday we're tyring to find more people to teach. 
One of our recent converts, KP, is from Liberia. He just got baptized on January 13th and he is GOLDEN. Hes amazing! He retains so much from the Book of Mormon. He honestly knows more than me. I'm sort of jealous but it just makes me proud.  I had nothing to do with his conversion, and neither did the missionaries really. His relationship with Heavenly Father is amazing. We had a lesson with him on Friday and we were going to teach about Temples, but Sister Meeks was led by the spirit and asked him if he wanted to serve a mission, and what was his response?  "I'll do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do."  Like, seriously. I have a freaking Nephi that I'm teaching. He's amazing.
Mom, I love you and tell everyone that I love and miss them too. Theres a guy in our ward and he looks like Dad, and I was staring at him the other day... I felt kid of creepy but seriously,  it was trippy.   
I also want to say to my friends that I miss them a lot. I miss being able to talk to them, but reading these emails makes me feel so much better. I know that there are prayers coming from the West Coast in abundance. I can feel them and I am so grateful for them. I am praying for you all, and I hope with any trials or burdens that you are having that they can be lifted. I know that through the Atonement that we can be lifted from our sadness and burdens and I know this because I have!  I am so grateful for a ward, friends, and my family and for all of the letters that you have written me. I cant get back to them this week, but next week I will really try!
I talked in sacrament last week, and it was exactly what I needed. I was super nervous becasue it was my first talk in a ward other than Riverbank ward. Last time I gave a talk there was like 2 rows with my friends and family and a whole ward I knew and loved, so it was a little nerve-racking talking to members that I didn't know. But I asked for peace, because I was super nervous, and I felt so much peace. I said my testimony, and it went great. 
I love you all so much and am learning to miss you all a little less. 
Love, Sister Ellyn Adams 

No comments:

Post a Comment